Patio Construction in Virginia
Patios are a great addition to any home. They provide a comfortable place to relax after a long day of work, and they add significant value and curb appeal to your home. The variety of shapes, sizes, and designs that patios can come in is nearly limitless. If you are considering adding a patio to your home, contact the patio construction experts at Basement Masters Waterproofing. We can help you design and install a patio that fits your individual style and needs.
The wide variety of patio types that we can help you design and install each come with certain pros and cons:
- Flagstone: This kind of patio has a classic, earthy feel. The unique shape of each stone gives flagstone patios a special sense of character. One disadvantage may be that because flagstone patios are made of natural material, they may require more maintenance to prevent erosion and splitting.
- Clay Brick: Brick patios are another option that is timeless and versatile. The range of patterns that can be used in brick patios is nearly endless, and they have a warm hue that makes for an inviting patio. Brick patios are also durable, though they may be susceptible to cracking during the wintertime.
- Poured Concrete: This is one of the cheaper and more easy-to-maintain patio options. Poured concrete can be shaped and colored, offering a wide variety of designs and can also be formed and sloped to maximize drainage. If not cared for properly, concrete patios may develop cracks or start to settle.
- Patio Pavers: Similar to bricks or flagstones, patio pavers can be used to create a unique patio. These pavers are easy to install and come in a variety of materials, styles, and colors. Be sure that they are installed properly to prevent settlement.
- Tiles: Ceramic or porcelain tile patios are great for transitioning from indoors to outdoors smoothly. These tiles can give your patio a clean, modern look. Be sure that you use the appropriate tiles to prevent water issues and settlement.
The Basement Masters Waterproofing experts can help you choose the best option for your patio.
Basement Masters Waterproofing Patio Construction Services in Virginia
Come springtime, the experts at Basement Masters Waterproofing can install a custom patio for you. We will ensure that the patio is installed correctly to prevent foundation issues from occurring. Patios that are not installed properly may start to pull away from the home or crack, causing foundation shifting or pooling water in the yard. That is why it is important to make sure that the patios are installed using the proper techniques. Basement Masters Waterproofing will make sure that the ground is properly compacted beneath the patio to prevent settlement and crack formation.
Contact our professional team today to see how we can help you install a patio for your Northern Virginia home. Our team also offers patio repair services to keep every part of your home looking and functioning its best.